Mr. Henry Agyeman Boateng is a professional chartered accountant currently working with the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC) as the Principal Finance Manager.
Mr. Boateng holds Bachelor of Commerce Degree from the University of CapeCoast and Executive Masters in Business Administration Degree in Finance from the University of Ghana, Legon.
He is a Chartered Manager and member of the Chartered Management Institute, UK. He is also a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICA), Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) and member of Institute of Directors (MID).
Mr. Boateng is a council member of Institute of Directors of Ghana of which he is the chairman of the Finance and Administration subcommittee and a member of ACCA Ghana Panel Network (Board of Governors).
Prior to joining GIFEC in January 2006, Mr. Boateng was the Municipal Accountant at the Sunyani Municipal Assembly from 2000 to 2003 having been posted from the Sunyani Regional Treasury as an accountant. He rose to become the Municipal Senior Accountant at the same place for the period 2003 to 2005.
During the period of 2003 to 2005, Mr. Boateng was the head of the local governments accounts charged with the responsibility of extracting annual trial balance and preparing final accounts of the assembly. He also handled central government accounts where cash book transcripts of the twenty-two (22) decentralized departments were prepared for onwards submission to Accra.
Mr. Boateng has received training both locally and abroad. Notably among them are the following;
- Financial planning and control organized by RIPA in the UK,
- Financial control and accountability in the public Sector in Pretoria-South Africa,
- Managing effectively in the changing telecommunications environment in the University of Colorado, USA
- Public, Private Partnership: Strategies and methods and project techniques in Virginia-USA
- Cost modeling in telecommunication in London-UK
- Enhanced performance and strategic management in Houston Texas, USA
- Executive Leadership training at GIMPA
- Next Generation accounting for finance professionals Accra, Ghana